APA Essay Papers Formatting
APA essay style is one of the main formats used in writing. As any other writing style, APA research paper formatting has its peculiarities and general rules of usage. There are many things that should be taken into account using this format. Starting the paper, you should pay your attention to the title page, Running head and number of pages.
In order to write a title page in APA essay format, the writer must consider the following:
- Short version of the title should be moved left and written in capital letters.
- Page number should be placed in the upper right corner.
- The title of the paper should be written in the center of the page.
- The name of a student and information on his college should be written under the title (centered and double-spaced).
Anyway, not only title page should be numbered in the upper right corner. All pages, including reference page, should be numbered in the same way. The shortened version of the paper title should also be duplicated on all pages.
In case you are asked to submit the paper without the title page, your APA format essay should look as follows:
- Your name, class, date of submission and instructor have to be indicated in the upper left corner of the first page (lines double-spaced).
- The title of the paper should be written on the following line (double-spaced).
- The essay starts after the title on a double-spaced line.
Formatting the Running Head
To format the Running head of the essay in APA style papers, use special tools available in Word. Manual inserting of information in the Running head may lead to undesired mistakes. To make the header on the title page look different from the ones on the following pages, please follow the instructions below:
- Activate Header toolbar by double clicking on the top of the first page.
- Choose box called "Different first page".
- Insert page number by clicking: Page Number - Top of Page - Page number 3.
- Type: Running head: and then the shortened name of the paper in capital letters. Use not more than two or three words. Move your text to the left side of the page.
- Do the same action on the next page of your essay. Activate Header toolbar, insert the appropriate page number (using method described above), type the name of the paper in capital letters without typing in Running head:. Move the text to the left.
- Close the Header toolbar and start working with the text of the paper.
If you want to see how the paper in APA format should be organized, you can download APA essay example from the Internet. But remember that it does not guarantee you success in writing as APA format essay example taken from the Internet may not always be correct. We recommend you to follow the given instructions in order to avoid mistakes.
Save 15% off the full price with your first order (use the code "edge15first") and get an additional
10% discount for ALL orders by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
So, in order to write a high quality APA style essay, please read the additional information below.
- APA style papers have to be written in Times New Roman, 12-point font.
- Writing the paper, use 1-inch margin without aligning the right margin.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- If it is necessary, divide the paper into sections and use headings for highlighting them. Sections like Results, Discussion, Methods, etc., should be centered and written in a boldface type. All words in subheadings should be capitalized (except articles, conjunctions and prepositions. They can be capitalized only in case they are the first words of a title).
- If it is required, include a Reference page in your essay.
So, in order to write a paper that will deserve the best grade, you may choose between two options:
- Write the paper yourself using our tips.
- Download APA sample essay from the Internet.
Still, the second option is not always the best as sample essays may contain mistakes that can easily harm your academic career.